Tuesday, December 28, 2004

I know you are back

After watching the news on the disaster yesterday, I was so worried about your parents cos your house in Penang is just near the beach. Wondering are they in Penang? Are they affected by the tidal wave? Are they alright? So I picked up my courage and decided to sms your mum "Hi Aunty, I badly hope that you and uncle were not in Penang when the tidal wave occured". I did not expect any reply and indeed i did not.
Only until this morning, I recieved a phone call from her. Think she did not have my no. saved in her mobile. She asked who is this and I told her is me. She was very surprised to hear from me and very grateful for my concern. We chatted for a while, she even invited me to visit them. I supposed she said this out of courtesy. I truly know that I will never see you and your family again but I really appreciate her invitation. Think this is enough.
Of course, I did ask about you. She told me that you have graduated and now back. I did not say much, just ask her to send my regards to you. Never expect or hope to hear from you, just hope that you are doing good. Good luck for your future endeavours.

4 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Yollev said...

He's back?? so fast?? 2 years? or 1 year?? So how's their Penang house?

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Mao Tou Ying said...

Yup, he is back after 2 years of his studies. Their house is alright, only the carpark at the ground floor got affected. I am so relieved that they did not go there when the tidal wave occured.

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Yollev said...

Wah, 2 years ALREADY??? So fast! Yeah, Glad that they're alright....

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Mao Tou Ying said...

Yah time flies, but things changed tremendously within these 2 years. We can never turn the clock back but to look forward to our own future now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home